
And they're off! The whole gang before departing on their adventure.
Boyd left for his 50 mile hike with the scouts on Monday morning and so far-so good. I think it has been the hardest on Jonah because he really has not been away from Boyd for longer than a few hours since we picked him up. On Monday and Tuesday he kept asking "Daddy?" and I would try to explain that it would be "6 more days". Then he would motion with his hands "backpack". Boyd spent a lot of time talking to him about where he was going and trying to reassure him that he would be back. As hard as Boyd tried to explain things to him, I still think Jonah was pretty confused.
So far we have had poopy accidents (no not Gracie or Sammy) and sweet Emma came to sleep in my bed Monday night because she wasn't feeling good-which I thought it was just because she knew Boyd was gone. But she woke me up a few hours later with a "I'm sorry Mommy, I just couldn't make it". That would be a huge deposit of vomit EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! In the process of bathing Emma and cleaning up I managed to wake up Hudson and Jonah only to wake up Sammy a few minutes later. Ya, it was a fun first night. I told Boyd when he called Tuesday morning to "check in" all about the fun he was missing--and I informed him he owed me big time! I hope we all make it to Saturday!!!!!!!!
But now things have settled down. No more throwing up and no one else joined in (thankfully). I even ventured out on my own this morning for our first attempt at running errands--with five children. I managed to: make a deposit at the Credit Union, pick up a prescription, pick up our pictures from Target, and make a trip to Walmart. I was quite impressed with myself and the kids were really good (of course I bribed them with picking out a treat at Walmart).
The kids are definitely starting to act more like siblings. Hudson and Emma are not as "forgiving" with Jonah now that they know he knows the rules and understands most of what they are saying. But aside from the endless tattling, they are getting along really good. Sammy is as happy as ever and really finding his voice. Gracie is acting like such a big girl and is showing signs that she is ready to get potty trained. I probably should have tackled that when Boyd was home but we were a little busy just getting through each day-time really flew by! I guess it will eventually happen, Hudson and Emma have both volunteered to "teach" her but I have a feeling that's not a great idea.
I am so behind on my blogging-I can't believe it's already June 11th! I still feel like it's the end of April. Although so much is happening every day, it feels like time is standing still as well. I'm really trying to enjoy my kids and play with them even when it's hard to ignore the laundry and housework. They are just so fun and I love them all so much! What a blessed life I lead, I'm so grateful to be a Mom.
4 comments:
Shelly---what a cute family! It's fun to read all about your adventures! I'm so glad everything is going so well (minus the puking).
Sounds like an adventure! We have had kids sick with a stomach bug this week, too, so I'm feelin' for ya. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you these next few days.
WOW! You are amazing! I love the new family photos you posted on the side they are SO ADORABLE!
Dave was on call all night at the hospital last night and Samantha woke up with the "stomach bug" too... so I feel your pain of taking care of it on your own! Yes, Boyd owes you BIG time!
you are amazing. it is a relief to see that it can be done since I will be tackeling those 5 kids plus my own in a couple months when you go on your cruise. Mel and I were talking an we think you are simply amazing. you are making the rest of us look bad though...
Post a Comment