We are extremely blessed to have had the opportunity to go on a Princess Cruise with several friends a few weeks ago. It was a seven day cruise to Puerto Viarta, Mazitlan, and Cabo San Lucas. We flew my sister Char (we call her Saint Char now) and her son Easton down for the week to stay at the house with our FIVE precious children. I tried to make things as easy as possible but there's only so much you can do ahead of time. The fact of the matter is there were SIX children under the age of SEVEN and only one adult (thanks to Grammy and Mel for all your help as well). Luckily, everyone survived and we were able to enjoy our trip knowing they were in safe hands. I know she was exhausted by the time we got back but I just want to tell you Char that you are awesome! The kids had so much fun with you and we really appreciate everything you did. Believe me, I know how hard it is even when they are being good. Thanks a million! So...on with the pictures. Of course, now that we are home I wish we had taken more--next time!!!

This is a picture of us right before we left. We've got our spray tans and I went and got a manicure and pedicure the day before (thanks Mom)! After planning and preparing for 9 months, we were so excited to finally be going!

Leaving Los Angeles, bon voyage!

This is our cruise coordinator (and fellow cruiser), Jill. She basically planned the entire cruise. She would just e-mail us when we needed to pay or do something, it was awesome! We had such a blast and we are so grateful for all you did. We are so sorry you got so sick. I love this picture of Jill, I didn't even make her pose for this one. We were just hanging out when I snapped this shot. Isn't she so cute?

On the second day at sea, Boyd, Ryan, Paul, Shelley, Sara, and Jill participated in the "Water Olympics". I didn't get any pictures with our camera but I took a lot with Ryan and Sara's, so I'll have to post those later. It was hilarious to watch! Suffice it to say Boyd shoved an entire watermelon down his swimsuit and kissed one of the judges on the lips for 10 extra points. Ya, where's the video camera when you need it! The guys also played in the 5 on 5 water volleyball tournament and swept! We were all so proud of our men. When we got back to our room that night, our steward had placed both Boyd's gold medals on the lamp shades. We thought it was pretty funny!

Chillin' in the lounge watching D'version. We basically become D'verion groupies. I think they were actually happy to have people cheer for them that weren't totally wasted. Or maybe they thought we were, I'm not sure. We had lots of good times watching the "happy dancer" (a guy that could bounce like no one I've ever seen).

The girls with the lead singer of D'version. We really WERE that nerdy!!! Good times.

Our third excursion was a snorkel trip in Cabo San Lucas. This is Bill and Shelley. I'm not sure how she does it, but Shelley always looks cute and put together. I mean who looks darling in a bright orange life jacket? Shelley.

In Cabo we had to tender from the ship to shore and the swells were like 4 feet-it was crazy! Poor Jill was so sick on the 40 minute raft ride to our first snorkeling location.

Boyd took this, and yes I'm posting it Jill. I do want to point out that Jill is a really clean vomiter. Every time she would come up for air she just looked so calm and put together. Jill couldn't even think about snorkeling she had to get to dry land ASAP. Shelley missed the second snorkel location to go back with her so she wouldn't have to wait alone. During a potty break, Jill woke up to a "nice" Mexican man caressing her face telling her she was very beautiful. Jill told him to leave her alone or she'd barf all over him. But that didn't deter him much-luckily Shelley returned shortly. Jill really is beautiful, even after she's been throwing up!

The water was so beautiful. I was even feeling nauseated after our first snorkeling location. I can't even imagine how Jill made it back, what a trooper!

This is on the way to our private beach for our excursion in Mazitlan. It was so beautiful and relaxing. Boyd did some wake boarding. Paul got stuck in a terrible current that was pushing him farther out to sea. After swimming his heart out on this broken wake board with no rope we were relieved when he finally made it back in. Sara got stung by a jellyfish in three spots and was so tough. Mike also got stung but not nearly as bad as Sara. I stayed out of the water after that.

Mike and Shana. The beach was the only excursion Shana came on since she is pregnant. It was a lot of fun hanging out on the beach with them.

Boyd in Puerto Villarta. Boyd surprised me by sticking to his tough work out schedule even on the cruise. I'm not sure how he managed to run and not swerve into a pillar or someone but he did awesome. Even "Kronk" was feeling intimidated. "Kronk" is the guy that decided to do his push ups RIGHT next to Boyd in the huge gym. We followed him around trying to get his picture. I think Ryan finally got one, but I think he thought we were a little obsessed with him. Actually, now that I'm writing about it I guess we were.

Getting ready for our bumpy, windy ride to the jungle canopy. My hair does not do well with wind, where's a hat when you need one? It was nice to see a little of the city, there were parts that reminded me of Ethiopia. Only Mexico was much nicer. It really makes me appreciate my life and home.

Jill REALLY enjoyed the bumpy ride!

Getting ready to go on the jungle canopy zip line adventure. I'm not going to tell the most embarrassing story of the trip. I just want to say that sometimes it's hard to tell what people say when they have an accent. Misunderstandings happen. And I had a brain tumor people, it was my bad ear!!!

Boyd took this shot of me repelling the 75 feet from the top of trees. I had never done a free fall repel before, but it was fun.

Ryan broke out some of his break dancing and stole the show! It was so fun to be silly and dance to some of our old favorites like: the electric slide, thriller, and summer lovin'.

Sara has some moves too, she does a great robot! I didn't get a shot of it but Shelley has some skills too. She can do the robot it heels!

The guys on our first formal night, aren't they handsome? Edy sure thought so. She was older intoxicated woman that asked to have her picture taken with these handsome guys. Later that week, someone saw her taking pictures with some other good looking guys. I guess people have different reasons for cruising.

The girls on the balcony of the ship on the first formal night. I didn't notice until now that we color coordinated, nice job ladies!

We did the traditional dining seating so we had the same table and waiters each night. I really enjoyed this part and we LOVED Allen and Princia. They spent 10 months away from their families on the ship, I can't even imagine. Allen is from the Phillipines and Princia is from Brazil. It was amazing to see the diversity of the staff on board, I think they have 49 different counties or something!

Hanging out in the Explorer's Lounge again. Love that D'version. Boyd and Ryan made it a point to embarrass Sara and I by screaming "We love you D'version" and "Woo-hoo" as loudly as possible.

We had a friendly game of Shuffleboard on Sunday. The boys won.

Our first formal night we went to the main show. It was a little cheesy (even for me) so that was our last show.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip but we were definitely ready to get home to kids! We were able to switch our flight to the earlier one and make it home before bedtime and we are so glad we did! The kids made this darling sign for us (with help from Char) and yelled surprise as we opened the door! I think I appreciate being a Mom more because I really missed all of the funny things my kids say and do every day. I was so happy when my sister told me she wrote down all the funny things they said and did on the schedule so she wouldn't forget to tell me, what a treasure! It's nice to get away but there really is no place like home!
3 comments:
First of all good for you guys for taking a trip after the year you have had! You deserve it. And secondly hats off to your sister for flying in to watch the kids. That was super nice of her. Looks like a great trip!
Kari
Okay, the dancing pictures of Ryan and Sara are absolutely hilarious! That was so funny! Great pictures, I am glad that you put the one of me barfing over the side-that seems to be what everyone will remember about me! Great pictures, Paul and I want to go back tomorrow!!!! I am starting the plans for another one next fall? Are you on board (ha ha)?
Great travelog Shelly! Thanks for going into more detail than me, I guess I am too lazy!
Thanks for the nice comment about me but I think everyone would agree you should get the cute and most photogenic award! That was soooo fun - I hope we can all do it again soon!
Post a Comment