Sunday, April 13, 2008

11 DAYS!!!

Well, I've been really busy these past few weeks, I'm sure you have all been just dying for a post (NOT)!
We just got the new on April 8th that both of our adoptions were granted by the Ethiopian Embassy and we are thrilled! We had to purchase our plane tickets and make hotel reservations and it was quite stressful! Luckily Boyd did most of the work but it was harder than you might think! We had a few crazy days and I was feeling so overwhelmed but now I am getting super excited!
Two of my best friends, McKinsey and Nikki arranged a HUGE baby shower for me yesterday and I was feeling a little embarrassed. After all, these are my 4th and 5th children. But now that we have no money and are embarking on this unknown journey I am so grateful to have such wonderful family and friends to really help us through this life change. I have been completely overwhelmed with the outpouring of love, support and generosity. What a tremendous blessing. I truly feel the Lord is watching out for us and our family, we could not do this alone. I will be forever grateful!
I have lots and lots of pictures and more to say, but the little free time I do have I am trying to devote to my kids. I want to get as much quality time with them as possible with the huge transition ahead. So, you'll have to hold your breath for more posts and pictures from me. If you want to see some fabulous pictures from our quick trip to Oregon, you'll have to visit Char's blog, she's the good one!

11 Days until I go to Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking my freak!!!

7 comments:

Mel and the boys said...

Well I have been waiting on baited breath for a new post! We are all so excited for your family~what a journey so far and you haven't even left for AFRICA yet!! I am planning on posting pictures on my blog about the shower. People can check them out there. Love you guys!

we share: said...

freaking your freak huh? Well... I'd be freakin too- freaking excited!!! I am so happy for you and also a little jealous that I coulnd't come to the shower... but I can't think about that because it makes me sad. I hope you had lots of fun and got some great new stuff (that you can eventually pass down to me). Hey I just thought of that. Sweet. I gotta get prego.:) Give those kids a hug-we miss you!

Angela said...

I'm getting so excited for you guys too! Sorry I didn't make it to the shower - I have had one nasty nasty bug and figured it was the last thing you guys needed to be spread to your household with all that is going on with the adoptions! Tell me what you still need so I can bring you a little sumthin sumthin...

Tisha said...

Yippe!!! We are SO excited for you guys!!!!

we share: said...

I just saw this awsome program on OPB (Oregon PBS) about Ethiopian immagrants that came to the US and it was A-MAZING! It is such a different culture and the food looks awful. I am sure there will be some adjusting to do for those kids, but these people were amazing and so gratful for chairs and beds, and lights, and running water and wow- it was awsome. I wish I had TIVO!!!!

Brook said...

Yeah!! I'm so happy for your family! It will be so cool to bring them home! Except the plane ride. Flying internationally with kids=not so fun. Trust me! If you need airplane advice let me know. I think I'm coming next month so I'll get to meet your new little guys. So thrilled!

Love you,
Brook

Dawn said...

Hello,Stewart Family! This is the Votava's from Pineview in Logan at good ole USU! I came across your blog, you have a cute family! I'm excited about your adoption, that is really great! Our blog is www.thevcrew.blogspot.com