Thanks to everyone for your well wishes concerning our upcoming adoption from Ethiopia. We feel so blessed to be surrounded by such supportive and encouraging friends and family. I spoke to our program director, Lisa last week and she told us she would send us pictures of some of the waiting children. Needless to say, I have been checking my e-mail about 100 times a day waiting for the e-mail. We got another e-mail on Sat. night stating she was waiting to get current pictures from the orphanage and should have them by Mon. (since it wasn't a holiday there). I checked my e-mail about every 1/2 hour on Monday but we still didn't get it. Sometimes I wonder if it's normal to be this excited and obsessed. I have been reading lots and lots of Ethiopian Adoption blogs and it is strangely therapeutic. Somehow prying into the lives of other people that have gone through this makes me feel more normal.
I was going to post a few pictures of the orphanage, the Thomas Center and our program director but Ethiopia has a law that prohibits pictures of orphans on the internet. So I have now reconsidered and will not be posting any pictures, just to be safe.
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the great pictures! I think you are totally normal to be excited and obsessed! Nobody asks pregnant people why they are obsessed and are always talking about the baby. I'm so excited for your family!
Brook
I agree with Brook! I think you are totally normal...This is a life changing event. Of course you are going to think about it ALL the time. Hang in there sister, they'll be here before you know it!
~Mel
It seems normal for you to be obsessed... I am not so sure how normal it is that I almost cry every time I see a black kid or that I am blog-stalking all the adoption cites as well......I think I am a tad obsessed as well.
Post a Comment