Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The best day EVER!!!

We have been waiting over a month for our second referral, but the wait is OVER! We have a little baby BOY. He is about 6 weeks old and hopefully (if all goes as planned) he will be ours forever. Unlike many of the infants I have heard about our little guy is a chunker (he must belong in our family)! He already weighs almost 11 lbs! We are happy he is getting great care at the Thomas Center and we can't wait to squeeze those chubby cheeks! We also got two new pictures of our other guy and he is sooooo cute!
We are looking at about 2-2 1/2 months, so sometime in May. One of the boys in our ward is going to organize some humanitarian efforts for his Eagle project. We also spoke to a lady in our stake tonight who has a son in the Uganda mission that is being transferred to Ethiopia next week! Seriously, what are the chances? We are hoping to find out more information about the needs of the people and members there. It's all so exciting and a little surreal. Wow, this is really happening, I really hope we can do it. What a privilege and blessing to raise these special spirits.

7 comments:

Carolee said...

YEAH!! That is an exciting day! We hope all goes well and we are looking forward to hearing more about the boys!! Good luck getting everything ready.

Brook said...

That is so fabulous! Congrats to you and your new little one! I am so excited for your family.

Brook

Mel and the boys said...

Oh sweet sister!! That is wonderful news!! Sorry we played phone tag last night I want to come over at lunch and see those cute pictures, I'll call you. Wahoo! Yehaw! Yipee! Congrats!

Tisha said...

That is so amazing! We are so excited for your family!!!!!

Angela said...

Oh Shelly! That is such good news. We need to get together and see the photos!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Orange said...

I am SO excited for you! Samuel is a really cute name, you should keep it. :)