Boyd informed me yesterday that I have been slacking off with posting on my blog. It has been a busy week. Some of you may remember my rant in November about the BOOK FAIR...well, it was that time of year again and we just finished up yesterday, hooray! I'm quite proud of myself for not complaining on the internet, I mostly saved it for friends and family.
As a side note, we have been freezing for a few days here at our house. At first I I thought it was just me, but I know it's got to be really cold when Boyd mentions it. Wed. night our thermostat read 62, but it felt colder than that. Poor Gracie would not keep any blankets on and woke up 4 times, her little hands were as cold as ice. Last night we had someone come take a look. But he didn't get here until after bedtime and the kids were cold, so we borrowed a few space heaters from our neighbor. Hudson slept in Gracie and Emma's room and they had a fun sleepover. It ended up being a problem with our thermostat and now we are nice and toasty. We have a new, touch screen, state of the art thermostat and we are now happy and warm. Isn't that a great way to spend our tax return?
But seriously, these past few days I couldn't help but think of the children (and adults) across the world (especially Ethiopia) that are cold and in need. They don't have a fabulous neighbor (Thanks Ray) with two programmable thermostats. They don't have extra blankets to throw on, or even enough clothing to keep warm. We are so blessed. A few days of inconvenience seems so minor compared to the life others have on a daily basis. So today, I offer my gratitude for my safe, comfortable, warm home.
5 comments:
thanks so much for talking with me today...I always feel so much calmer and at ease after I talk to you. I am really glad you have heat now and I guess it is a good lesson for all of us to appreciate our blessing and all the little things we have that we take for granted. We really do have so much. love ya!
You poor thing....sorry you were freezing! I had my furnace go out for only 1/2 day and it was 50 something degrees at our house! BRRRRRR glad you got it fixed.
Yay for a warm house! And YAY for the dinner you brought, it was very delicious! THANK YOU.'
We are all really so blessed. It is easy to get caught up in what others around us "have" and think it is the norm, when it's really not. Thanks for the reminder!
(Sorry about the deleted comment- I realized I was logged in under Gage's account and posted a comment)
I'm glad you guys are keeping warm - there's nothing worse to me that being cold!
Post a Comment